I SHIELD OF THE DEPARTMENT DE CUSCO
Capital of the Department: Cusco
13 counties and 105 districts.
|IT TRACES||IT TRACES||8|
|THE CONVENTION||SACRED ELL||10|
|TO PRICK WITH THORNS||TO PRICK WITH THORNS||8|
|CLIMATE: The city of Cusco has a medium-dry climate and I fry.|
TEMPERATURE: The temperature annual half maxim is 19,6°C (67,3ºF) and the minimum of 4,2°C (39,6ºF). The season of rains begins in November and it concludes in March, time in which the mountains cover of green. Between June and July they are common the "freezes" in (I fry intense) those that have been reported snowy very occasional.
DISTANCES: Acomayo (Prov. Acomayo) 104.5 km / 3 hours.
Elk (Prov. Elk) 26 km / 30 minutes.
It traces (Prov. it Traces) 50 km / 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Yanaoca (Prov. Gray-headed) 165 km / 3 hours.
Sicuani (Prov. Canchis) 138 km / 2 hours.
Sacred Tomás (Prov. Chumbivilcas) 240 km / 10 hours.
Yauri (Prov. to Prick with thorns) 241 km / 7 hours.
Quillabamba (County of The Convention) 210 km / 6 hours.
Paruro (County of Paruro) 64 km / 2 hours.
Paucartambo (County of Paucartambo) 109 km / 3 hours.
Urcos (County of Quispicanchi) 46 km / 40 minutes.
Urubamba (County of Urubamba) 78 km / 1 hour and 25 minutes.
To qui he/she goes them free one of those but tourist big attractiveness of Peru and of the world. If; although you don't believe it, it is Cusco, also well-known as the Archaeological "Capital of America."
The princiaples data of the Department of Cusco is the following ones:
- Capital: The capital of the Department is the city of Cusco, which has an altitude of 3,399 msnm.
- Ubicació: The departamente of the cusco you encuenta located in the southeast part of the Republic of Peru.
- Climate: Between April and sunny and dry September, he/she fries in the nights. Between October and March variable and rainy. The temperature averages yearly it is of 11°C.
ROADS OF ACCESS
To Cusco you arrives for:
- Via Terrestrial: It exists a good offer of services of terrestrial transport at the present time.
- Route Lima-Arequipa-Cusco, 1,650 Km., 24 hours approximately in car.
- Route Lima-Nasca-Puquio-Abancay-Cusco, 1,136 KM., 26 hours approximately in car.
- One can also make the route of Lima toward Ayacucho for the Route of the Liberators and of there to Cusco
- Railroad: A train service that unites the cities of Cusco, Puno and Arequipa exists. The Route is Arequipa-Juliaca-Puno-Cusco; it covers 750 km. and he/she has a duration of 17 hours approximately.
- Via Air: Of Lima they leave flights in daily form to the city of Cusco, the duracióon is approximately of 1 hour.
LODGINGS AND LODGING
Apart from hotels and inns that there are them for all the likes and pockets, the well-known lodgings or lodgings exist which are enough but economic that the previous ones and the truth that are a good alternative in some cases if we want to reduce our expenses. With this I don't mean that he/she has something against the first, what happens is that I am simply providing them part of the information that is not in the main guides and I don't give them the prices for that you/they would get scared for the cheap ones that are.
The owner of a hotel commented me and I confirm it to me the owner of an inn that the prices stay throughout the whole year, for what it is not necessary to worry about the seasons of high.
To the margin of all this, the truth that being in Cusco didn't need a room with many comforts. The for that of this manifestation, it is simple; the attractiveness of not visiting the cusco this in the place in that you lodge for which this alone place used it to rest; for not saying to sleep and with the journeys that you will make I assure you that you finished so exhausted that alone quedras to recover the forces begin the following day again.
HISTORICAL BRIEF REVIEW
Segú the legend, Cusco sacred city and capital of the Empire of Tahuantinsuyo, it was founded around the XI and XII centuries d.C. for the Handless Inca Cápac who Titicaca emerged of the Lake. Cusco was the center of government of the four extensive regions of the Incan Empire that ended up embracing great part of that that at the moment is Ecuador, Colombia, Peru Bolivia, Argentina and chili.
The Incan society was an admirable example of political-social organization, domin&oacute, big architecture knowledge, hydraulic engineering, medicine and agriculture.
March of 1534, 23 Francisco Pizarro fund&oacute, on the city of Cusco a Spanish city that you builds on the Inca foundations. Cusco is, therefore; a typical coalition example and cultural sincretismo having inherited architectural monuments and works of art of incalculable value.
In Cusco virreynal you big revolutions happened against the Spanish domain as that of José Gabriel Condorcanqui (Túpac Amaru II) in 1780, that of the siblings Angle in 1813 and that of Mateo Pumacahua in 1814.
In 1911, the North American investigator Hiram Bingham discovered the Incan imposing city of Machu Picchu.
ATTRACTIVENESS IN THE CITY OF CUSCO
The truth that there are not minimum neither maximum of days to know Cusco, to the being this a historical alive city, the history leaves making day by day in her, for that that to affirm that one knows Cusco, with the step of the time could become a lie. However, for orientation ends we will begin with those places that all Peruvian should know and that in general they are those but appreciated by the tourists.
For people that arrive for first time in Cusco, perhaps; the best and the but easy form of knowing it is leaving you to guide for the tourist operators. In this respect I can tell them that the packages that offer are of those but varied, being those but common the following ones:
The first two tour offers in S/. 12.00 and S/. 20.00 new suns respectively, while the third offer it to you in U.S. $ 65.00 American dollars.
- CITY TOURS: This tour allows you to know the following places; KoriKancha, the Cathedral, Sacsayhuman, Q'enqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
- SACRED DE FENCE INKAS: He/she visits one another Pisaq and the Ruins of Intihuatana, it Traces, Ollantaytambo, Urubamba and Chinchero.
- TOUR TO MACHUPICCHU: This tour is perhaps the but important for that to visit Cusco without arriving to Machupicchu, serious as an incomplete trip.
The truth that I prefer to go for my bill to Machupicchu, total is a single place that to visit. Here I give them some references that can be they useful if they want to venture to go for their bill:
These prices are you index them, for my part I have not traveled to Cusco from the 2003, therefore they can have been increased, to consult the prices of the passages in train, you can visit the it paginates web www.perurail.com.
- Before anything else; I recommend them that they buy their train paseje, the previous day; in the STATION DE WANCHAQ. The prices are varied, depending on the service that is wanted to receive, being those but cheap those of economic class, which S/ costs. 30.00 new suns, also existing special services that offer in American dollars, as VISTADOME U.S. $ 101.15 and BACKPAKER U.S. $ 65.45. All these passages are roundtrip.
- The Entrance to Machupicchu U.S costs. $ 20.00 American dollars for person and the children pay half ticket.
- Once in the citadel of Machupicchu, if these in physical good state can ascend to Huaynapicchu, contrary case could stay one day in HOT WATERS, with the purpose that you can make the ascencion to this ruins.
PARTICIPATORY TOURISM IN THE SACRED VALLEY
This is a modality of tourism that he/she offers the possibility to participate with the local populations in the daily activities of their life.
Page created web March 30 of the one 2005.
© Copyright 2005 Gualberto Valderrama C.