I SHIELD OF SAN MARTIN'S DEPARTMENT
Capital of the Department: Moyobamba
10 counties and 77 districts.
|THE GILDING||SAN JOSÉ OF IT PILFERS||05|
|SURFACE: 51,253 KM2|
TEMPERATURE: Maximum 30 centigrade grades
Minimum 15 grades centrigrados
Luvias between December and March.
DISTANCES: Moyobamba - Lima 1,385 km
Moyobamba - Cajamarca 594 km
Moyobamba - Chachapoyas 268 km
Moyobamba - Chiclayo 616 km
Capital: 860 msnm (Moyobamba)
Altitude: Minimum: 190 msnm (Pelejo)
Maxim: 3080 msnm (Blanca Dilutes)
The climate of the city of Moyabamba is warm and humid, with more rains between the months of December and March. The temperature annual half maxim is of 29°C (84ºF) and the minimum of 18°C (64ºF).
ROADS OF ACCESS
- Lima-Chiclayo-Olmos-Bagua-Rioja-Moyobamba-Tarapoto: 1445 km for the highways Pan-American North and Fernando Belaúnde Terry or Marginal of the Forest (22 hours in bus).
- Lima-Pacasmayo-Cajamarca-raft-Leimebamba-deviation to Chachapoyas-Pedro Ruiz: 1547 km for the highways Pan-American North and Fernando Belaúnde Terry (28 hours in car).
- Lima-Huánuco-Tingo María-Tocache - Juanjuí-Tarapoto: 1020 km for the highways Power station and Fernando Belaúnde Terry or Marginal of the Forest (20 hours in car).
Regular flights from Lima (1 hour) and from Iquitos (45 minutes) to the city of Tarapoto. He/she offers service of air-taxis in the region.
Iquitos.Yurimaguas: by the rivers Amazons, Marañón and Huallaga, to continue to Tarapoto for the highway (136 km) that connects with Yurimaguas.
DISTANCES FROM MOYOBAMBA:
Bellavista (Prov. Bellavista) 214 km / 4 hours.
San José of Excise (Prov. The Gilding) 149 km / 4 hours.
Saposoa (Prov. Huallaga) 254 km / 4 hours and 40 minutes.
Lick (Prov. you Lick) 112 km / 2 hours.
Juanjuí (Prov. Marshal Cáceres) 253 km / 5 hours.
Pillory (Prov. Pillory) 176 km / 3 hours and 40 minutes.
Rioja (Prov. Rioja) 20 km / 20 minutes.
Tarapoto (Prov. San Martin) 113 km / 1 hour and 30 minutes
Tocache New (Prov. Tocache) 427 km / 9 hours and 30 minutes.
- Tarapoto: Airport FAP Guillermo of the Castle Walls. Jr. Jiménez Pimenta s/n. Tel. (042) 52-2278.
- Rioja: Airport Juan Simons Veils. Jr. Teobaldo López and Raimondi s/n. Tel. (042) 55-8434.
- Moyobamba: Airport Antonio Simons Veils. Jr. May two cdra. 17 (special single services).
- Juanjui: Airport Juanjui. Jr. Marshal Castile cdra. 14. Tel. (042) 545023 - 545632
- Tocache: Aerodrome Tocache. Av. Belaúnde S/N - Villa Mercedes.
- Moyobamba: Terrestrial Terminal. Av. Grau. s/n.
- Tarapoto: Not a terrestrial terminal exists, however, most of companies concentrate on Av. Salaverry cdras. 6-8.
CENTERS OF HEALTH
- Tarapoto: General Hospital of Tarapoto. Jr. Leguía s/n. Tel. (042) 52-2192.
- Hospital of Band of Shilcayo. Jr. Pajatén cdra. 2, band of Shilcayo. Tel. (042) 52-6112.
- Juanjuí: Net of Services of Health. Jr. Arica 205. Tel. (042) 54-5151 / 54-5782.
- Moyobamba: Hospital of Moyobamba. Av. Grau s/n. Tel. (042) 562524.
- Net of Health of Moyobamba. Av. Grau s/n. Tel. (042) 562160.
- Center of Health of Lluyllucucha. Jr. May two s/n. Tel. (042) 56-2509.
- Tocache: Rural Hospital Tocache. Jr. Jorge Chávez 808. Tel. (042) 551016.
- Tarapoto: Police Front San Martin: Jr. Ramírez Hurtado Cdra. 2. Tel. (042) 52-2141. Delegation National Police of Peru: Av. Salaverry s/n, Morales. Tel. (042) 52-2929.
- Moyobamba: National police of Peru. Jr. Pedro Canga, Square of Weapons. Tel. (042) 56-2141 / 56-2508.
- Juanjuí: National Police of Peru would forfeit. Jr. Iquitos cdra. 6. Tel. (042) 54-5018.
- Rioja: National Police of Peru would forfeit. Jr. Teobaldo López 250. Tel. (042) 558515.
- Tocache: National Police of Peru would forfeit. Jr. Fredy Aliaga cdra. 4. Tel. (042) 551152.
MARKETS OF CRAFT
- Moyobamba: The markets of crafts are located in: Jr. Callao cdra. 3, Jr. Seraph Filomeno cdra. 4 and Square of Weapons.
- Rioja: The markets of crafts are located in: Jr. Sacred Toribio cdras. 11-12, Jr. Grau cdra. 2 and Jr. Julio Claws cdra. 5.
- Tarapoto: Most of stores of crafts are located in downtown.
- Tarapoto: Jr. San Martin 482. Tel. (042) 52-2021. Attention: L-S 8:00-19:00.
- Juanjuí: Continuation Huallaga 126. Tel. (042) 54-5066.
- Lick: San Martin Remain Silent 1348. Tel. (042) 54-3103. Attention: L-S 8:00-19:00.
- Moyobamba: Jr. Seraph Filomeno 501. Tel. (042) 56-2209.
- Rioja: Jr. Admiral Grau 736. Tel. (042) 55-8007. Attention: L-S 8:00-19:00.
- Tocache: Jr. Bolognesi 650. Tel. (042) 551346.
TOURIST ATTRACTIVENESS DE MOYOBAMBA
Botanical Garden San Francisco
Jr. Arequipa cdra. 1.
Center of studies and conservation of native flora and of exotic plants.
Thermal Bathrooms of San Mateo
To 4 km of the city of Moyobamba (5 minutes in car).
Known by their medicinal properties, it is said that the waters are ideal for the arthritis, the rheumatism, the muscular pains and the estrés. Their temperature varies between the 32ºC (90ºF) and the 40ºC (104ºF).
The Tips or Natural Miradors
Name that he/she is given to Tip of San Juan, Tahuishco and Fachín, in the ends of the city of Moyabamba. These present marked differences from which it is possible to contemplate the landscape and beautiful evenings.
Aguajales Renacal of the one Warned
To 20 km from Moyobamba until the Mouth of Huacayán (port in the river May) by lorry affirmed (40 minutes in car). Then the road continues toward Tingara (Warned river) in boat to motor (1 hour).
It is a humid and only ecosystem in the world for their altitude (800 msnm). Among their abundant plants they highlight the aguaje and the renaco and they inhabit the area different species of mammals (river wolves, cute friars, pichicos, black and lazy machines), birds, fish, reptiles and insects.
To 13 km to the north of the city of Moyobamba (15 minutes in car until the district of The Roadway, 20 minutes until the skirt of the muzzle and 1 hour of ascent on foot until the summit).
This hill is located in the high forest, he/she has a height 600 meters above the valley and it is a panoramic natural mirador of 360° that presents calcareous formations. He/she has the climate of the humid cloudy forests, tempered in the day and cold in the nights, depending on the height.
Waterfalls of Paccha
To 30 km of the city of Moyobamba (1 hour in car and 15 minutes of walk).
The waterfalls are surrounded of leafy vegetation and their waters come from the gulch of Paccha. Three falls of water of about 30 meters exist that form a luck of ideal pools to take a bath.
Distances from the city of Moyobamba:
* Bellavista (County of Bellavista) 214 km / 4 hours.
* San José of Excise (County of The Gilding) 149 km / 4 hours.
* Saposoa (County of Huallaga) 254 km / 4 hours and 40 minutes.
* Lick (County of you Lick) 112 km / 2 hours.
* Juanjuí (County of Marshal Cáceres) 253 km / 5 hours.
* Pillory (County of Pillory) 176 km / 3 hours and 40 minutes.
* Rioja (County of Rioja) 20 km / 20 minutes.
* Tarapoto (County of San Martin) 113 km / 1 hour and 30 minutes
* Tocache New (County of Tocache) 427 km / 9 hours and 30 minutes
TOURIST ATTRACTIVENESS DE RIOJA
Cave of the Diamond
To 58 km to the northwest of the city of Rioja (40 minutes in car).
Visits: L-D 8:00-18:00.
Located inside the Forest of Protection of the High May, the caves contain stalactites and stalagmites of capricious figures.
Nascent of the River Tioyacu
To 14 km of the city of Rioja (20 minutes in car and 15 minutes on foot).
The river Tioyacu is born in the skirts of a mountain located to 898 msnm. It is of cold and crystalline waters and in their journey they are formed puddles and cascades.
TOURIST ATTRACTIVENESS DE TOCACHE
Petroglifos of Shunté
This group of engravings in stones is disseminated among the km 20 and the km 45 of the highway that it unites the city of Tocache with the Town of Shunté.The journey of the whole area takes near 1 one and a half hour.The petroglifos is conformed by a total of 23 stones with anthropomorphous symbols and zoomorfos drawn in the surface in low relief.
Waterfall of San Juan
To 16 km of the town of Tocache
These waterfalls are conformed by six falls of water with natural wells of cold and crystalline water. The vegetation that surrounds them is totally virgin and the place is habitat of numerous species of orchids.
TOURIST ATTRACTIVENESS OF MARSHAL CÁCERES
Waterfalls of Breo
To 20 km to the south from the city of Juanjuí (40 minutes in car), you arrives until the town of Huicongo; of there 58 km is traveled until the waterfalls (5 hours in boat to motor). It is also possible to travel 80 km for the route Juanjuí-two of May-waterfalls (3 hours in glider).
Located in the high basin of the river Huayabamba, on a solid one rocky covered by vegetation of primary typical forest of high forest. They have a fall of water of about 140 meters and they present four levels.
The giant rocks of more than 4 meters high they are covered for a thin carpet of algae and moss. The path that takes until the waterfalls is ideal to observe ferns, giant epifitas or elephant" "ears, colorful orchids and hanging nests of páucares, characteristic birds of the place.
I Siege Great Archaeological Pajatén
The most direct access is for Trujillo (30 minutes in light plane) until the town of Chagual; from there 40 km (2 hours in car) until the town of Pataz. Then you continues for an on the way to horseshoe of 15 km (30 minutes in car and to 2 hours and 30 minutes on foot or in acémila) until Chigualen, later on, 35 km is traveled on foot or in acémila (9 hours) until Door of the Mount. Of this point to the called place The Beach is 10 more (3 hours on foot) km and from the Beach it is necessary to walk 3 hours until the Macedonian Camp.
From here they are 2 hours more than walk to consent to the archaeological place. It is only possible to consent to Great Pajatén in previously authorized expeditions. Not it still exists tourist access.
The archaeological complex is attributed to the culture Chachapoyas (1200 - 1500 d.C.), it is in the right margin of the river Montecristo, to 2850 msnm, inside the Park National River Abiseo, Natural and Cultural declared Patrimony of the Humanity for UNESCO in 1991 and 1992 respectively. At first sight, the place seems covered for a dense vegetation. The constructions extend from the flanks of the plateau until a denominated sector Las Palmas and it presents buildings built in different levels. The architecture is predominantly of circular plants and paved platforms, and it presents high reliefs with geometric reasons, zoomorfos and anthropomorphous as ornamental elements.
To 20 minutes on foot from Macedonian Camp is the Funeral Sanctuary Pinchudos (2800 msnm) that highlights because it was built in a great boulder and to present colorful friezes and anthropomorphous wooden sizes.
TOURIST ATTRACTIVENESS OF YOU LICK
Lick it is to 22 km to the northwest of the city of Tarapoto (30 minutes in car). Been founded in 1656, it is one of the oldest cities in the Peruvian forest.
Located in the summit of a hill of about 1000 meters high, he/she has sheer streets and their main characteristic is its disposition in terraces. It is counted that the first floor corresponded to the come chancas of the south, the second to the mestizos and the third were used as mirador. Today the division is conserved among Indians, lamistas and mestizos who celebrate its employer parties separately. In spite of being located in the forest, the town possesses the structure of the mountain villages, probably for the origin of its inhabitants. The neighborhood Wayku is inhabited by descending Indians of the hardened chancas who conserve its ancestral traditional customs.
Ethnic Museum of You Lick
Jr. Lima cdra. 5 s/n. Visits: L-D 9:00 to 13:00 and of 15:00 to 18:00.
It shows it leaves of the history and the folclore of the culture Quechua-lamista, where cultural diverse manifestations and customs like the lanta-tipina or first hair court can be observed, the making of dresses with native cotton and vegetable fibers, the colored one and the dances of you lick them.
Cascade of Chapawanki
To 5 km of the city of you Lick (20 minutes in car) from where you begins a walk of 200 meters (15 minutes).
He/she has 4 meters high and a puddle 2,5 meters deep. It is surrounded of an exuberant landscape, with vegetation conformed by pashacas, shapajas, quinillas, renacos, orchids and ferns. It is habitat of diverse birds, butterflies and insects.
To 25 km to the south of Moyobamba (30 minutes in car) to the Village Ahuarpía and from this point you a walk of 1 km (20 minutes) begins.
Located in the hills of the town Ahuarpía, the waters of these waterfalls come from the gulch of Plantanayacu and they have a fall from 10 to 12 meters high.
TOURIST ATTRACTIVENESS OF SAN MARTIN'S COUNTY
To 50 km from the city of Tarapoto (2 hours and 30 minutes) in the town of Sallow.
He/she has 350 there is and a mirror of water of until some 35 m of depth. The temperature of its waters oscillates between the 25ºC (77ºF) and the 28ºC (82ºF) and its color it varies between green and blue. The lagoon is habitat of blue, kingfisher fisherman, sachapatos, eagles, diverse amphibians, reptiles and fish. The place is surrounded of plantations of fruit-bearing, you parcel cultivated with corn, fríjol, banana, yucca and rice and pastizales for the livestock.
2 hours of walk from the town of Sallow or 20 minutes in boat to motor from the Blue Lagoon.
Private area of echo-tourist reservation that is in the south end of the Blue Lagoon.
This conformed by 2 small lagoons: Sunicocha, well-known commercially as Pretty Lake and Lemon Cocha characterized by their salted water. The beauty of Pretty Lake is characterized by the pristine vegetation that surrounds it in the one that is a wide variety of birds and insects.
Also, they call the attention the glasses of the trees that stand out in the lake and where the birds have formed their nests, particularly about the wide variety of ferns.
Thermal Bathrooms of Paucaryacu
To 35 km of Tarapoto (1 hour and 30 minutes).
Three puddles of sulfurous, salted waters and heat on the average with temperatures of 25º (77ºF), 36º (97ºF) and 45º (113ºF), to those that medicinal properties are attributed.
Petroglifos of Polish
To 8.5 km of the city of Tarapoto (20 minutes in car).
They are conformed by figures of animals, plants and some linguistic symbols in low relief. It has not still been possible to specify the time to which belong, although one shows off that they correspond to the early age of the culture Chachapoyas. To 30 km of Tarapoto (1 hour) they are the petroglifos of End Leveau.
Waterfalls of Ahuashiyaku
To 14 km to the northwest of the city of Tarapoto (30 minutes in car and 15 minutes of walk).
This fall of water 40 meters high is located in the hill The Stairway, to 465 msnm. The waters reflect on a surrounded rock of dense ferns, orchids and diverse species of trees. In the surroundings it can be observed a wide variety of butterflies, birds and insects.
Bathrooms of the Cacique of Kanchiskucha
To 14 km of Tarapoto (40 minutes in car).
This group of natural puddles served, according to the legend, so that the caciques of the area enjoyed the place with their maidens.
Waterfalls of Tirayaku
To 30 km of Tarapoto (1 hour).
This group of six puddles of crystalline water with different falls of water of up to 30 meters high it is surrounded of a thick vegetation that serves from habitat to a great quantity of birds.
Cascades of Carpishoyaku and Thermal Bathrooms of San José
To 36 km of Tarapoto (1 hour).
After a walk of 20 minutes, you arrives to the thermal bathrooms, a group of jets of hot water that you/they spring from the hill. From there one can walk 15 minutes more to arrive to a great puddle of temperate waters.
Funeral Urns of of Chazuta
To 52 km of the city of Tarapoto (1 hour and 30 minutes).
During recent excavations there were 65 discoveries among those that highlight 25 funeral urns, constituted by vessels inside which were mummies. They were also tools and offerings. Some of the urns are in the Cultural and Handmade Center Wasichay and others in different neighborhoods of the town.
Waterfalls of Tununtunumba
To 4 km of walk from Chazuta (1 hour and 30 minutes), following the banks of the river Huallaga.
The main puddle originates the waterfall of three jumps of water of 40 mts of height. The area is surrounded of a forest high and abundant fauna.
Waterfalls of Shapaja
To 21 km of Tarapoto (40 minutes) and a walk of 40 minutes.
The walk is carried out through a thick vegetation until a puddle of crystalline waters and a great rock for which the waterfall reflects. In the road one can observe a great quantity of birds.
Page created web March 30 of the one 2005.
© Copyright 2005 Gualberto Valderrama C.